Thursday, March 24, 2011

Consider

It happened on Sunday, January 18, as I sat on the edge of my bed at 8 AM...suddenly a line was dictated to me. With a quick hot coffee as a stimulant, my passionate mind created fast flowing words...poetic verses with romance! Herein, is the first line and ensuing penned thoughts.

Serene as the lapping blue water upon sandy shores.
A quiet in the lilac dell as scent gently wafts.
View snow-capped mountains enshrouded in cloud.
Rose petals unfold...to display hidden beauty.
Such is my Respect for You.

Verdant greens in Nature's lush forests;
Stately redwoods piercing heavens above;
Mighty black wings of the condor, soaring o'er the trees;
A winding country road meandering autumn's colour.
Such is my Esteem for You.

Hand molded pottery glazed in the amber of earth;
Shimmering colours of the hummingbird
nearing a flower... with whir of wings;
Orange-golden sun as it slips the horizon
when dusk time's eve arrives;
The silvery moon casts its spell
and the midnight sky...sparkles a million stars.
Through shower and sun...the rainbow...a palette of colour.
A “new day” dawns with fresh warming rays.
Such is my Affection for You.

CONSIDER:
The woodlands await the onset of spring...
The forest floor decked...Ontario's white trilliums;
Violets of mauve peeking through snow
and blades of new grass beginning to sprout
Birds all a-twitter with early morning songs.
Such is my Love for You.

You are my Great Incentive.
You are my Great Inspiration.



Merle Baird-Kerr
January 18, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment