Tuesday, November 19, 2019

November's Autumn Reverie

Yesterday and Today, encouraged by October's sun ~
the leaves on trees are silently quiet ~
unmoved by wind or gentle breeze.
Nature did bring us a snow-white teaser
bringing omen of chill and what will seem
a winter, so eternal.

I wondered, driving my car ~ an October day,
this beautiful golden sun ~ I must enjoy
before it becomes 'cloud hidden'
its view I must... I must not bar.

My hibiscus 'bush' now early inside,
she's relinquished the frosty nights.
Near the windowed door ~
and neath the eyes of 'wolf clock'
o'er the winter, she'll abide.
And on this day.......

The sky is azure blue ~
Not a whisper escapes the pine;
Most birds have headed South
and the few remaining ~
perhaps wishing they, too, had flew!

This morning, I went on errands
to the library and 'Food Basics,'
No snow last night ~ the ground still bare.
Black leather gloves from their compartment
I retrieved, which my hands warmly greeted
as long-time winter friends
and into them, my fingers shoved.

Perhaps you too, have such reveries
you could share with others and me!

Author: Merle Baird-Kerr... published November 19, 2019
As always, your comments, appreciated:

No comments:

Post a Comment