Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Wine Benevolence

Ernest Hemingway's Positive 'Spin on Wine'
Wine is one of the most civilized things in the world 
and one of the most natural things of the world
that has been brought to the greatest perfection ~
and it offers a greater range of enjoyment and appreciation
than, possibly, any other purely sensory thing.”

Age Appears to be Best in Four things:
Old wood, best to burn;
Old wine to drink;
Old friends to trust and
Old authors to read.
(Francis Bacon)

Wine is Not the Only Drink Good for You
(Thanks to Jeanne for sharing this with us)
A reporter interviews 101-year-old Hattie MacDonald of Feague, Kentucky:
Reporter: Can you give us some health tips for reaching the age of 101?
Hattie: For better digestion, I drink beer.
In case of appetite-loss, I drink white wine.
For low blood pressure, I drink red wine.
In case of high blood pressure, I drink scotch.
And when I have a cold, I drink Schnapps.
Reporter: When do you drink water?
Hattie: I've never been that sick.

Wine is the most healthful and most hygienic of beverages.
(Louis Pasteur)

Sorrow can be alleviated by a good sleep, a bath
and a glass of wine.
(Thomas Aquinas)

Age is just a number.
It's totally irrelevant, unless of course, you happen to be the bottle.
(Joan Collins)

Wine Does Not Make You FAT!
It and taxes make you LEAN
against tables, chairs, flower vases, walls and ugly people!

A man and a woman sitting at a cocktail table:
She has a standard glass of White Wine.
His is an enormously huge tall glass filled with red wine and proclaims:
I limit myself to one glass of wine each day.”

Last night, sitting on the couch with my husband, I said, 'I Love You!'
He asked, “Is that you or the wine talking?”
I said, “It's me talking to the wine!”

Some of us may be like W.C. Fields who said,
I cook with wine...sometimes I even add it to the food.”

and I just cannot resist these other quotes by men of knowledge:
Martin Luther ~ Beer is made by man...wine by God.
Benjamin Franklin ~ Wine is constant proof that God loves us...and loves to see us happy.
Pope John XXIII ~ Men are like wine...some turn to vinegar...but the best improve with age.
Omar Khayyan ~ A loaf of bread...a jug of wine...and Thou!

Scripted by Merle Baird-Kerr...October 22, 2015
To comment, email: mbairdkerr@cogeco.ca or inezkate@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment