Monday, May 11, 2020

Predicaments We May Face

can be difficulties, plights, scrapes, messes or crises
 which daily we may confront.
Conversing on the Golf Course: 
 Two older guys were playing a round of golf 
on a sunny summer day. Suddenly, one man told the other: My Word!
 There seems to be something stuck in your ear.
Surprised, the other man reached up and pulled a 'supposatory from his ear lobe.
How on earth did that end up there? asked the first man.
I'm not sure... came the reply
.But I'm almost certain I know where I put my hearing aid now!

On a newly opened golf course, several years ago in Mount Hope,
my husband and I played at a reduced cost.
Mid-way, through the 18 holes, we sat on a bench to wait for a couple men

 ahead of us to play.
As could be expected, one of them had to search for his golf ball 

which landed in the nearby woods.
Patiently awaiting their move to the following tee, I asked over the distance:

 Did you guys lose your balls?
My husband was totally shocked at my address to them!

Painting The White House: President Trump asked for quotes to do the job.
The Indian got the contract!
The European guy quoted 7 million dollars...
(3 million for paint, 2 million for labour and 2 million profit.)
The Chinese guy offered 3 million: one million for the paint...1 million for labour
and one million for profit.
The Indian guy replied: 4 million for you...3 million for me...
and we will give 3 million to the Chinese guy...

and ask him to paint it
For these political negotiations, thanks to one of my faithful readers.

Interesting Facts About Money (Unknown Author)
How interesting! Money is very funny.
I never thought Money had different names!!!
In temple or church, it's called a donation.
In school, it's a
fee.
In marriage, it's called
dowry 
.In divorce it's alimony.
 When you owe someone, it's debt.
When you pay the government, it's
tax.
 In court, it's fines.

Civil servant retirees, it's pension .Employer to workers, it's salary.
Master to subordinates, it's wages.To children, it's allowance.
 When you borrow from the bank, it's loan.
 When you offer a good service, it's tips.
 To kidnappers, it's ransom .Illegally received in the name of service, it's bribe.

The question is: When a husband gives to his wife, what do we call it?
Answer: Money given to your wife, is called DUTY....
and every man has to do his Duty because wives are not Duty Free!!

Are Animals Way Smarter Than Us?
 For humans, disguise and impersonation are good fun.
For animals, it could mean the difference between life and death.
Through evolution, different types of animals learned to mimic other creatures ~
either to help them catch prey ~ or to avoid would-be-predators.
The
Atlas Moth has protrusions at the tips of its wings
that resemble a snake's head posed to attack!

Several jumping spiders have developed a leaner body to be able to pass as ants.
They will even mimic the movement patterns of ants
 and use their forelimbs to mimic antennae.
Predators have learned to avoid ants out of fear reprisal.

Surprise! Surprise! 
 Once, several years ago, my son and I visited a nature park reserve near Barrie.
Wandering around, as he is prone to do, exclaimed,
 
Here, Mom! Come and See these Baby Rattles!
He knows I have an abhorence and fear of snakes, so I hesitated.
Convincingly, he assured me the wooden cage, about 4 feet tall,
would be safe for me to view.
Cautiously,  walking toward him...and with smile upon his face, I trusted him.
Leading me to this bin, reluctantly I looked inside:
It was a cluster of colourful rattles...ribbon-tied
with which a baby or small child would play!

The foregoing assembled by Merle Baird-Kerr...May 4, 2020
To comment;
mbairdkerr@cogeco.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment