Sunday, January 10, 2021

Spirit Preamble

Spirit Preamble is the principle of Life, and Energy characterized by intelligence, preamble emotion and vivacity or energy.

Arriving one day to my third floor apartment, I observed Papa Bird flying around our neighbourhood ~ while Mama rested (so carefully) on her three bluish eggs in the nest built on my third floor balcony chair. Seeing me, she stretched up, ready to fly. However, observing her mate on nearby hydro wires, she invited him to the balcony railing for a chat. Engaged in chatter, they exchanged positions to incubate the eggs until ‘ready to hatch. For her, he brought a long juicy worm which she nibbled. Both male and female, trusted me where I sat at the balcony’s far end. So fortunate I was to watch their relationship...both avidly awaiting their three eggs to hatch.

Nature is my love: my 3rd floor view overlooks several evergreen trees bordering the paved Bike path extending from Appleby Line to downtown’s Brant Street. Birds often fly in from the hydro wires to nibble on seeds I lay out for them. Watching their mutual interest, daily I documented , photographed and observed their routines. Night and Day, both birds had incubating chores. On a weekend Sunday, one egg hatched ~ the other 2 eggs hatched the following day. How surprised I was that both male and female family-raised these hatchlings until flying skills were learned.

Both fish and birds have their cycles of life...selecting mates...locating trees or bushes to build their homes. Then await Mother Nature to perform her tasks

In Southern Ontario, we dwell in rolling lands of woods, forests, streams, lakes, rivers and waterfalls which we as humans, share with God’s creatures ~ whether 4-footed, creepy crawlers or wings. ~ whose bodies are adapted for flights in and over rivers, lakes, and the big blue sky. We are so fortunate to have Nature at our doorstep!

Oft, I wonder: Do they and other beasties study humans for their retrospect on our populace?

Our planet, truly is an Animal World!

Hidden in my files has long been: The Starfish Poem:

A little boy walked carefully along a crowded beach
where starfish by the hundreds lay there within his reach.
They washed up with each wave as far as the eye could see
and each would surely die if they were not thrown back into the
sea.

So, one by one, he rescued them
then heard a stranger call, “It really won’t make much of a difference
~
For you cannot save them all!”

But as he tossed yet another one back toward the ocean’s setting sun,
he said with deep compassion,“I made a difference to that one!”
(by unknown author)

Written by MBK...January 5,2021
Comments always welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment