Monday, November 30, 2020

Daily Inspiration

 

Our days are a kaleidoscope. Every instant a change takes place in the contents:

New Harmonies...New Contrasts...New Combinations of all sort. Nothing ever happens twice alike.
(Henry Ward Beecher)

Daily, at my door, The Hamilton Spectator is delivered (excluding Sundays and Holidays).

It is my breakfast incentive with a cup of hot brewed coffee. From the Readers Write Column ~ a recent read inspired me... headed by a couple walking devotedly through a country meadow.

Daily, I glance through the Death Notices (although for a few days, very few had deceased.). Yet WOW! Today's column, covering several pages, listed about 60 deaths. Hurrah! My Name was not there!

Daily I attempt to solve the daily Crossword Puzzles.

Several comic strips absolutely make my day: Hagar the Horrible...Blondie...Sherman's Lagoon...Garfield...Dennis the Menace...Hi and Lois...Dilbert...Drabble...and Peanuts!
So much, from these characters, we learn about Life!

Horoscopes often invite me to check out Pisces.
The TV Guide to which I subscribe, is a 'must' for a selection of programs to watch.


Prior to Pandemic's Isolation
Twice monthly I arranged Movie Night on Thursday evenings at 7 PM. Either from the local Library,
or in-residence tenants, I selected videos of interest (avoiding War Stories, Vengeance and Crime).

Since the inception of September, with an in-house friend, we created and developed
Prayers and Praise Programs (scheduled Tuesday afternoons twice monthly) in which the singing of hymns is its foremost theme. Notices about these I post near the mailboxes and main floor elevator.

As you can ascertain ~ the Corona Virus has affected many city activities
that cancelled...and including all programs in our Senior Residence!

LIFE I value for the many attributes and conveniences ~ mainly my healthy maintenance

for a Senior~SeniorAge!

I value my family and long-time friends. I value skills developed over many years which occupy both mind and body. Sports (skiing, tennis, golf and dance) kept me physically fit!

However, since Arth Ritus beset these interests, I developed 'writing skills' which, online, I frequently publish under: Merle's Kaleidoscope of Life.
For me: I have a wonderful Life!

I fill my life with so much positivity, happiness and brilliance

that God, may one day say with utmost pride:

This is the most amazing Kaleidoscope to view!
Although an unknown author ... this, also is my mantra!

Written by MBK...April 20, 2020.
Comments most welcome

No comments:

Post a Comment