Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Family Observations ~ Section 3

Aunt Jemima ~ Who Knew? The world knew her as Aunt Jemima but her given name was Nancy Green.. To me, she was a skier with whom I shared skiing days on weekends throughout our winter days of frost and snow...on alpine hills both in Ontario, Quebec or ski meccas near Buffalo..

In my son's interpretation and known by the world, her given name was Nancy Green ~ and she was a true American success story. She was born a slave in 1934, Becoming a national spokesperson, enabled her to become a leading advocate against poverty ~ and in favour of 'equal rights' for folks in Chicago.

She was one of the very first black millionaires when she died. General Mills bought her name and likeness from her. She maintained her job until her death in 1923, at age 89.

I would bet: most protesters know absolutely nothing about Nancy Green .

Becoming a remarkable woman, ~ she has just been ERASED.

All our dreams can come true ~
if we have the courage to pursue them.

The Ice Cream Truck: When I was 6 years old, (there was such a time) , it was before I turned 7, my friends and I always got excited when the Yummy-Yummy Man came around ~ we all called him that!

Nobody knew where he lived, but my friends speculated that he must live at the North Pole. When my parents bought a National Geographic world map framed to hang in my bedroom, I went with them to pick it up. When we got the map, I said: I will show you where the Yummy-Yummy Man lives! And I pointed to the islands in the High Arctic ~ Ellesmere Island, I suppose. I knew where we were on the map ~ and that was as far north as I could find on the map.

View from Sky Screamer:: Marineland has an S& S Power Tower called Sky Screamer. And it's on top of a hill. I have ridden it a few times . While many parks have a Power Tower, nobody else has a view of Niagara Falls. The real live view is more impressive.

The ride has quite a kick in the pants...and shoots you up 20 storeys in about three seconds, followed by an equally rapid drop. But, they do hoist you up to the top ~ to enjoy a unique view of Niagara !

* * * * * *

Commenting on my son's recent writing,
is advice from one of my 'online contributing authors.

Since we all are in quarantine the things we built are shut. And the world is still going on without us!

The world continues its life and it is beautiful. It only puts humans in cages. I think it's sending us a message,” “You are not necessary. The air, earth, water and sky ~ without you, we are fine! When you return, remember you are our guests...not my masters.”


Written July 20, 2020.
Comments most welcome









No comments:

Post a Comment