Saturday, July 6, 2019

Early May Mating

Everyone likes birds!
What wild creature is more accessible to our eyes and ears...
as close to us...and everyone in the world...
as universal as a bird?...asks David Attenborough.

The bird is powered by its own life and by its motivation,
said A.P.J. Abdul Kalam.

He either spent the winter here in Southern Ontario
or he had an early spring arrival.
I heard his chirping voice calling...calling...calling...
Freedom! Freedom! Freedom! (as my human voice understood)
Following incessant calls ~ going to my balcony, I searched for his presence.
Listening...looking...listening...looking...searching his location,
there he was, perched on a tree limb, amid the newly leafage of trees.
Flashes of red feathers drew my attention
as he continued his constant chatter of Freedom, Freedom, Freedom!
Eventually, I heard her reply from a far-away location: I'm here...I'm here...I'm here!
Yes! In a tree near the bike path trail ~ and concentrating on the sound of her far-away-voice, she, I located. She, being of female species, is not red-feathered...(protecting her gender) is brownish-grey.
With a cup of hot coffee in hand, I sat on a black-wrought iron chair ~
hoping, just trusting the two would meet.
With continuance of Freedom, Freedom, Freedom and as her responses of I'm here, I'm here, I'm here
drew closer...they met in his tree near the Bike Path Trail...and together, they flew away.
Hopefully, together they will nest...mate...and produce a few cardinal eggs.

C.S. Lewis Prophecy: It may be hard for an egg to turn into a bird.
It would be a jolly sight harder for it to learn to fly while remaining an egg.
We are like eggs at present ~ and you cannot go on indefinitely
being just an ordinary, decent egg.We must be hatched ~ or go bad.

'Tis now the end of June ~ and a few mornings ago, through my open bedroom window,
I was awakened around 5 a.m. by the chirping of birds, both near and far away.
Time to waken...time to rise before the sun bursts forth..
time to hunt for breakfast morsels...food for us and for our newborn babes...!
!
Their morning songs were like music to my ears. And I mused about Rabindranath Tagone's words: Faith is the bird that feels the light when the dawn is still dark!

I don't ask for the meaning of the song of a bird ~
or the rising of the sun on a misty morn.
There they are ~ and they are beautiful. (stated Peter Hamill)

James M.Barrie sensed: I'm youth...I'm joy...I'm a little bird
that has broken out of an egg.

Composed truly, by Merle Baird-Kerr...June 25, 2019
Comments welcome: mbairdkerr@bell.net

No comments:

Post a Comment